Wednesday 30 July 2008

Two Dimensions


With the Jeep now finished and thoroughly tested on the Matt Savage ‘Tansley’ test track, I was finally allowed to take it for a spin. I chose a cafe at the War Tunnels Museum, in Jersey for its first outing. Handling was commendable the small patch of and under the tyres, but once on the ceramic tiles the old bar grips felt a bit two dimensional. I am hoping to get some better tyres soon for the authentic military split rims I have, now painted to match the rest of the chassis.

7 comments:

Fred Fibonacci said...

Ah! The camera never lies, eh? Like the authentic look of concentration whilst negotiating the obstacle. Still haven't been able to open the video clip on last post, for some reason. Look forward to seeing the jeep 'in the metal' soon.

Toby Savage said...

Try clicking this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8vkk-ZOgVU

Fred Fibonacci said...

Fantastic! What a great result after all your hard work. Very well done one and all. So nice to see it for real.

Peter Ashley said...

I think you've started something here Toby. Cut-out favourite cars that we can be photographed in, like those pictures on piers of Charles and Camilla, where you put your own head through the hole where their heads should be.

Toby Savage said...

Yes. I can go on imaginary overland expeditions in my new Jeep, with Fred Fibonacci at my side!

Peter Ashley said...

Yes, yes. And Ron can try and keep up with you both on a cut-out Cyclemaster!

Affer said...

Beware of too much overlanding on those tyres....not much tread as far as I can see!