Monday 14 July 2008

Twisting wires together.




A flurry of activity on the Jeep last week sees it very nearly running. I was entrusted with sorting out headlights, bolting in the seats, screwing on the rear reflectors and a few other menial tasks. Matt connected up the fuel pump and plumbing. By the time we had finished for the day another hour would have had it running, but these things are best not rushed, so that highlight will wait for a few more days. Still on the shopping list is a pair of seats. All I have is the steel shells and even with my ample padding, I shall need the original style canvas padded ones to maintain any vague comfort. A pair of old sofa cushions will do for the MOT though.

4 comments:

Affer said...

Oh yes!! Things begining to look serious now....but I urge you to fit some proper waterproof plug caps!

Peter Ashley said...

Oh, this is so exciting. I'm blanco-ing my webbing now.

Diplomate said...

ah yes - do ask Mat if he's any military (under seat) gas tanks for the 88" BOTH mine are leaking !

Fred Fibonacci said...

Don't wish to split hairs at such an exciting time in the Jeep's progress but can't help noticing the absence of plain chocolate digestives and chipped mugs of tea on top of the bulkhead. How, I wonder, were you able to move the rebuild forward without these components? Are they, perhaps, out of shot, or were you both on intravenous drip-feeds? Given that the BPH (biscuits-per-hour) is so high on projects like this I feel we should be told.