Tuesday 7 July 2009

What a waste.


The Jeep sits here under a fifteen quid Tesco gazebo and all it seems to do is rain. I drove it from Kibworth to Leicester last Friday and got soaked. The gazebo does a valiant job, but the sides of the top buckle with the weight of the water, so there is a permanent puddle in both foot wells. The canvas seats seem to do a marvellous job of deflecting the water and are not, by a miracle, soaked through. Mid July and I should be taking it for a spin in the country. Possibly picking up a few chums and partaking of a pint. Bloody English weather! Forecast is the same all week. Think I’ll go for a pint anyway. Timothy Taylor's beckons.

4 comments:

Peter Ashley said...

Don't forget me! There's an old Midland Red bus stop just outside Ashley Towers, I'll stand by that!

Affer said...

aaah....you see, in refurbing a PROPER Jeep, you have also brought about a proper micro-climate for it. These beauties were made for charging along the twisty roads of the Ardennes in January, carrying relief to The Battered Bastards of Bastogne....

Toby Savage said...

'The Battered Bastards of Bastogne'. This, I like. I shall have myself a tee-shirt printed.

Diplomate said...

water in foot well - drill hole