Wednesday 10 October 2007

Measure twice, cut once.




The Matt Savage team have now started work and removed the old, rusty, floor section. I went back to Jeeparts and lashed out a fortune on a whole Land Rover full of bits. The biggest bit was a new floor panel. This should fit in perfectly once the chaps have hacked out the original 1943 spot welds and tidied up the edge of the floor.

They found a few little wasp nests around the vehicle. These are genuine Californian wasps and one or two were sort of flying about and about 3/4 of an inch long. Hope this sort spell of warm weather we're having doesn't wake them all up! ahhhhh

2 comments:

John C said...

Toby,

Progress looking good. Just thought I'd let you know that I went to the depths of darkest Basildon last night to collect a Jepp transfer box bought off eBay. It'll bolt up to the gearbox I got off eBay sometime last year. It'll need a couple of seals and will fit my project a treat.

John C (co-conspirator)

Toby Savage said...

Nearly there then!! I've just spotted five wheels and tyres on ebay, having lashed out on new wheels last week. Bugger!